My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

NITIE experience

Date: 7th mar 2005

I was in front of the NITIE auditorium by 8am sharp. Got my call letter verified and then
sat in the audi knowing that there would be a presentation initially. As expected, at around
8.30am the presentation started as to what NITIE is and various other slides revealing some
facts and figures about the institute. And then started my long wait.

Well, at about 12pm we were called for GD. Till then watched the movie "Liar Liar".We were 6 in the group and after verification of our documents, we were led to the room
where a panel of 4 were waiting to judge us. The topic given to us was "B-schools produce
only managers, not entrepreneurs"...How true, aint it?...Anyways, our group was cool, no
fish market...Each one had his time to speak and everyone pitched in with some points.

Then started the part-2 of my long wait!! Watched Swades for sometime and some shitty ads
were screened...Was getting really pissed off when my turn came at around 5pm. The interview
panel consisted of about 7 members all looking to vent their frustration of sitting such
long hours on me!! Anyways, I went in and after wishing them sat in the chair. Felt like a
goat tied in the jungle as a tiger's bait!!

Interviewers = I (7 members with some commenting/laughing among themselves sometimes)Myself = M

I: What other calls have u got?
M: I have got calls from IIM ABCK.
I: Where are you working?
M: Sir, I am working in Intelligroup, Hyderabad on SAP...I mean essaypee
I: Why "sap" and then "essaypee"?
M: Sir, the common people call it sap while in the industry people call it essaypee.
I to I: haa haa, the common people use $%#$%@#$#^... (dont hear what they r saying)
(Note that someone or the other of the 7 profs sitting there were firing questions while a
few others were passing time or watching me keenly)
I: Do u know what is SAP in german?
M: No sir, I know what SAP stands for in english but in german.....
I: SAP stands for "dog" in german, thats why they call it essaypee.
M: Oh ok sir.
I: How come after BITS-Pilani, u landed up at Intelli?
M: No sir, in campus, I got thru Infosys....I did my internship in Intelli...I liked the ERP field and so decided to join it.
I: What campus, infosys?? (he did not hear me properly)
M: Sir, I made a job in Infosys through campus placements but I did not join there because I
do not like the work that goes on in Infy. I dont like to work on Internet technologies.
I: What? You are the first guy from whom I am hearing that u dont like work at Infy!!
M: Well sir, thats the fact. Thats why I did not take up Infy.
I: Ok Rajesh, what do u do at Intelli?
M: Sir, my responsibility is getting the functional requirements from the client, its
technical realisation and coding, and testing of the program till its final delivery.
I: (This guy was on a rapid fire round) Intelli, nitie...Where does it fit? the kind of work
u do
M: Sir, thats the exact reason I did not join Infy. By working on SAP, I gained functional
knowledge in various areas..
I: What modules have u worked on?
M: SD, MM, PP..
I: FICO?
M: Yes Sir, I have also worked on that..we dont work on one specfic module but work on
various modules.
I: But after NITIE, u cant go back to Intelli?
M: Sir, maybe I wont fit in as a software engineer but I can become a manager.
I: But after u leave Intelli, do u think they will take u back?
M: Sir, I have stayed with intelli for about 2yrs till now. I dont see any problem in that.
Moreover, I dont think I will be joining Intelli after I passout from NITIE.
I: What are you interested in?
M: Sir, as of now I am interested in Finance. While working I got interested in the stock
markets and started investing in the stocks. Slowly I began to learn other things and so
developed an interest in Finance?
I: So have u made profits?
M: Yes Sir, I have about # shares and fortunately I have made profits in all of them.
I: Which subject do u like most?
M: Is it in academics? In BITS, I liked automotive vehicles.
I: Why is there a third valve in Yamaha?
M: I dont know sir.
I: What type of bike is it?
M: Sir, its a 4S bike.
I: 4S!! I am not talking about the new bikes, but the older version...Whats the difference
between Yamaha, Honda and #%@#%@%@%
M: Sir, I dont have much idea about bikes. I own a Bajaj Chetak.
I: What type of engine is it?
M: Sir its a 2S vehicle....
I: What is compression ratio?
M: Its the total volume by swept volume. I mean the (swept volume + clearance volume)
divided by the swept volume?
I: (nodding his head like a No) Why then do u think the efficiency of a bike keeps increasing while there is a carbon deposition as the engine keeps running.
M: Sir, Do u mean in a long term or a short term? I dont think the efficiency increases in a
long term. The mileage keeps on decreasing. I have not seen a case when the mileage a
vehicle keeps increasing as it runs.
I: But the efficiency curve is a inverted parabola naa.
M: I dont know sir.
I: How will u sell an engine to a lady?
M: Sir, u mean engine or the bike as a whole?
(laughter all around)
I: engine...
I: (some other rustic) haa haa, ok, let him sell the whole bike?
M: (with a smile) I will tell that the bike is of lighter weight and gives greater mileage.
I: What other subject do u like?
M: Sir, I liked Thermodynamics.
I: Define temperature.
M: uh, eh, err....I dont know how to define temperature sir.
I: U know the zeroeth law of thermoD. what is it?
M: Yes sir...If a body A is in thermal equilibrium with B and a body B is in turn in thermal
equilibrium with a body C, then A and C are said to be in thermal equilibrium with each
other.
I: Now can u define temperature?
M: No Sir.
I: U have mentioned in ur hobby as fusion music? What is it?
M: Sir, its basically fusion of various rhythms of instruments like tabla, guitar....
I: Is it an Indian word?M: (what the hell)...No sir, it can be applicable to any country.I: but tabla is an Indian instrument naa...so its an indian term, right?
M: In india, the mix of western and eastern is fusion. For say a western country, their
music and eastern music comprise fusion. So it can be used in any country as such.
I: What do u hear?
M: Sir, I have heard fusion music by Mrigya, Euphoria, Strings..
I: Strings is fusion?
M: Yes sir, they also perform fusion music. I have heard them in our college (thats a fart!
I mean they do perform fusion but I never heard them in my college...hee hee haa haa)
I: ok.
I: Ok Rajesh, fine then, thank u.
M: Thank u sir

Come out smiling with a feeling that I hav done well. How true this is will be known on 11th
Mar 2005 when the results will be put up. Anyways, I am waiting for the big leagues to
happen. Not very much bothered about this result!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home