My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Decisions in life!

There are some times when we think a lot and then decide and there are times when we decide and then think a lot. Many times after taking a decision, we think if it was a right one! Mind might say one thing and the heart another.
Well, if u think why I am farting away to glory with all this crap, its because I found myself in such a situation recently. As I have talked about my indecisiveness in my previous blogs, today's decision goes on to substantiate it further!

I had paid the fees for IIMB which happens to be 20k in the end of April. Somehow I was never satisfied for having ditched C! I thought and thought over many times if what I did was right. Nothing convinced me that I had taken the right decision. My heart always pulled me towards
C. In the end, I succumbed to my heart's wish. I decided to chuck B and take up C and so promptly send the DD today to IIMC!

Some of the reasons why I chose C over B:
1. I liked the pro-activeness of the C alumni and seniors.
2. C being the oldest IIM in the country enjoyed a much greater alumni base.
3. C has a very strong Fin and Ops faculty.
4. C enjoys a very good industry perception.

The only reason for my having decided B some days back was because of the food, climate and place. But then, at the end of the day, I felt that these were not the right parameters to take a decision. So here I am today chucking my earlier decision and taking a new one!

I hope when I enter the corporate world after my MBA, I dont find myself in such kinds of situations where I take a decision and then feel that it was wrong! But well, since fickle-mindedness runs in my blood, I cant promise anything...

So watch out what my future beholds!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:47 AM, July 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Decision-making, is by far the most important task that every manager in the corporate world faces, that too on a day-to-day basis.

    Decisions, good or bad, have to be made. Not many people are lucky that they are presented with an opportunity to revert their decisions. Fingers are burnt and lessons are learnt by making decisions. Your decisions are nothing but subliminal insights of what goes on in your mind.


    In biological terms, It is a response to external stimuli of choices under situations, where knowledge, wisdom, intelligence and most importantly experience culminate into one specific action to resolve the problem in hand.


    Intelligent people make intelligent decisions. Wise people make wise decisions. People lacking those may take bad decisions. But finally, choices have to be made and decisions have to be taken.

    It is acceptable to the point where your decisions affects to the extent of involving only you but what happens when as a leader of an organisation, your decisions have tremendous impact on others who trust on your decisions, whose daily bread depends on your decisions. There is absolutely no escape from facing such situations on a daily basis for those who dream big.


    So it is a matter of critical importance that the art and science
    of Decision-making is mastered. It take a right concoction of experience, knowledge and wisdom to make the right decision.


    But what needs to be understood is the fact that it is not always possible to take the right decisions because a perfect solution is, yet, a myth. But there is always a practical solution available. So the choice
    is yours. Decided yet? ;-)

    -- tho

     
  • At 7:08 AM, July 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its very true that decision-making is an indispensable part of life, only they very in their degree of importance and impact.Good decision making comes to some naturally , for some by practice,and for the rest with
    determined effort.
    But in places where one has to take critical decisions, I think the person must guage the consequence of his decisions through and through, not leaving any stone unturned.This will give him the confidence of living with it too, come what may!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home