My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

First week at IIMC

We reached Howrah on the 23rd of June at 2.30pm from Hyderabad. The drive from the station to Joka campus was abt 1.5hrs. Diamond Harbour Road is situated in southern parts of Calcutta. The moment I saw the board 'Indian Institute of Management Calcutta', I was thrilled to have reached the place where I was going to spend 2yrs learning new things and making new friends and coming out branded as an alumnus of a prestigious b-school. We went to the reception office at Ramanujam Hostel (well, I shall leave some of the jargons and not take hostel names) and I was pre-allocated a room E-419. My dad's first reaction was "Haa, good that u did not get 420!". Shifted all my luggage there and then had some snacks. It was quite humid the day we reached Joka but it was manageable. The campus is serene with lush green trees and about 7 lakes which every IIMCian is proud of! Well, the first day we did not have much to do rather than just walk around the campus. My parents were also excited but my mom would have been much happier had I gone to IIMB! I liked the food though my parents were just satisfied. That was the end of the first day.

The next day we had hostel registration. Actually mine was over the previous day itself, so again roaming across the campus. Saw the institute building and the auditorium. Since it was raining that day, we could not roam around much. Luckily it rained else we would bathe the whole day with sweat! Not much things happening today except some time pass here and there.
The third day, my parents left Kolkatta with a heavy heart. After all, I had stayed with them for almost 2.5yrs and they felt very bad leaving me! But life has to go on.....I had nothing much to do today as well.

The 4th day as well I had nothing much to do. So decided to go to the city with a couple of my wingies. Went to the centre of the city which being Esplanade and Park Street. Went to this mall called INOX and did some window shopping. We were having a voila of time not knowing what was to come in a few days!

The 5th day ie., 27/06 we had our term-1 registration. We would be having 5 courses. And another course called Qualifying Mathematics in case we do not clear a QM test to be held on the 5th of July. Made some new friends and met few seniors. We were basically having a very chill time till we came to know that there is a placement crasher. Well for the uninitiated, a placement crasher is where the placement representatives from the 2nd year batch address us. What happened and what goes on is a secret which I will not reveal. There were such crashers almost daily for the next week and believe me, these were at the oddest times u can think of.That very day started our tutorials by the seniors which went upto 3am the next morning.Well, if u think that it was only a one-off thing, plz dont. This was the case for the days to come. Actually this was nothing. We used to sleep at 5am and get up at 8am. This was the schedule for the days to come!

Well, I will finish this here. Have to get back to sleep. Its already 3.45am now and I have a class at 9.30am. ok tata birla....zzzzzzzzzzz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home