My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Thursday, July 14, 2005

7/7 London Attacked

Well, I have been thinking of writing about this since a few days but not getting much time to do so. Anyways, here I am giving my thoughts about it. What happened was a tragic incident. A number of people lost their lives and many were injured in what was a ghastly mindless bomb attack. I dont understand what these terrorists get by taking the lives of innocent by-standers. It does definitely prove that they can attack such a high security financial capital of the world. When I had been to London, I noticed the high security presence there. People live there under constant surveillance. One can always hear police sirens or convoys here and there. Not only on the roads but we also noticed helicopters keeping a constant vigil of the Parliament area. I suppose this has come into being after 9/11 and moreso after UK's support to the Iraq War.

Well, I was quite surprised by the media coverage in the newspapers. And the duality of policy of the Western countries predominantly US and UK stands out clear. In India, we have been waging a war against the terrorists since more than 40years. Such attacks are so common here that the media hardly gives a damn about it. When I had been to Pahalgam in Kashmir, I spoke to a soldier manning an army outpost near our guest house. He said that daily about 2-3 army jawans are killed. And the papers carry a small column in the paper. I must agree that the tabloids must be getting bored and wasting their space daily for such a routine matter. Such is the value of life here in India. In the Mumbai blasts, so many people lost their lives. And what did the west say. "We condemn such acts". And thats it. Now that the UK was affected, they say " We shall renew the War on Terrorism and shall not let the terrorists who caused 7/7 go scot-free". So its all about them. They dont give a damn how many people die in other countries daily.

Hail the Queen!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 AM, July 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "We condemn such acts". And thats it."

    And that is a hell of a lot more than the US or the UK gets from 90% of the rest of the world. Where is India in the war on terror? How many troops does India have in Afghanistan or Iraq?

     
  • At 3:24 PM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Rajesh said…

    Anonymous: I dont mean to demean US or UK. They say "We are against terrorism and shall not resist any aggression on us". What about India? It has been suffering this since 40yrs but has anybody listened to it. These countries have such a huge nuclear arsenal but when India does a nuclear test, there are immediate sanctions. Why? Because US and UK are the protectors of democracies in the world!!

    Tell me why did US attack Iraq? Wasn't "Weapons of mass destruction" a hoax to fool its own people? And why should India send troops to Afghan or Iraq when both of these were not sanctioned by the UN?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home