My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Competition

Well, I have come to know what competition really means here in the distant land of kolkatta. The place where I study. Yesterday, we had auditions for the JBS BaroC aka Music Club and Dramatics Club. I decided to generally go and try though I knew that I would not be selected because I have neither sang before on a mic nor ever participated in any drama. But what surprised me was the sheer turnout to participate. People have come here dreaming to make it big some day. And they leave no stone unturned. The sheer enthusiasm that I got to see in the people around me is simply awesome! I talked to a few and the impression that I got is many of them had come just like me.

It was not about getting selected. There were no professional singers or actors here. It was just the experience of going through the whole thing. Its about making friends. Its about thinking impromptu. Its about giving it a shot though u know u are nothing. Its about the patience and endurance. Its about the learning from your peers. Its about participation. Its about.....Ok, I could go on but lets stop it here.

It also made me realise that its a rat world out there. Everybody is willing to run the race and many have the inner desire to come on the top. But only those who persevere reach there. As they say, its not just about how you work but about how smartly you work. You cant achieve everything in one day. Its a process which one has to go through to achieve something. There's a jungle out there with cut-throat competition and only the best survive.

Business is all about competition. Your competitor is always on the lookout for you and you can survive if u add value or atleast make it appear that you are better than the other. Have to learn the jungle rules of survival in this humane world!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home