My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Friday, September 30, 2005

Rock Climbing - Day 1

Back again to blogging! Its been quite a hectic week. Assignments, projects, cases, quizzes, presentations, resumes and what not. Uh, life as an MBA student sometimes sucks! What a contrast to my last weekend where I was one with nature enjoying its wholesome
beauty.


This was nature in its purety. No discrimination. Rich or poor, fat or thin, fair or dark, short or tall, politician or common man. It takes in its arms everyone and enthralls everyone.

Ok, coming back to the trip, we reached by train this place called Barabhum in the Purulia district of West Bengal. Went to the camp site about 45min from the station where our tents were alloted and the camp flag hoisted. The schedule would be tight and there would hardly be any time for relaxing. After some light refreshments, we started out on our first tryst with destiny oops, I meant rock! Learnt the basics of rock climbing. As and when I write, I shall put in some technical jargons as well.

Its not just about climbing. Its how u climb. Any person can climb with some help but there is a way of doing it. If one knows the techniques of climbing, there is less chance of making a mistake else it becomes a game of chance. There are three things one has to religiously follow:

1. Planning 2. Balance 3. Conserving energy.

We climbed about 3-4 rocks and believe me its such a thrill. There is this fear of falling but at the same time the will to reach the top. Successfully completed the day luckily with all bones intact!

More in the next article coz I dont feel like writing now.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home