My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Where are we heading to?

In the past few days, when I get up and pick up the paper from my hostel room door, the headlines I see is "Three youngsters held for molesting a girl", "Five school children arrested for stalking an actress", "A girl raped in the wee hours in a private bus in Delhi" so on and so forth.

Is this the way one starts his day? Is it the newspapers who have been reporting such sensational news which hitherto went unnoticed or is it me whose eye is catching such news or is it that these incidents are on an exponential rise? I safely assume it to be the last one!

Ok, let me move on on a more serious note. What has happened to us? Are we forgetting our age old culture in which women are respected and revered and not looked as objects? Are we moving towards a more open society where there are no barriers or are we becoming globalised in our character too?

Sometime back, I read a news article which mentioned molestation of a child girl and on further reading was schocked to read that the girl or infact I should say the kid was an year old!!
I dont have words to say something about this. Have we forgotten that kids are God's most careful and beautiful creation?

Is this the effect of today's modern hi-tech television and internet?

I have raised many a question but I am not here to give answers. Its for each one of us to ponder and think as to where we are headed to. Its time to just stop for a moment and look back at the mess we have left behind.

I recollect the famous quote I once observed while walking in a park:
"Our life is so full of cares. No time to stand and stare"

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, August 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess some hooligans have taken serious note of the wise words "Our life is so full of cares. No time to stand and stare". So these useless, soul-less, shameless creatures stand all day at public places and stare at women.


    Dont you think that these things are very common everywhere and keep happening. But its the newpapers who are making moolah, by selling their papers with these kind of gripping news as the headlines to catch attention of readers and increase their TRP ratings.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home