My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Why blog?

Pick up any book to learn any programming language (C, C++ or Java) and the first program that you find is "Hello World". This inherently emphasizes the need for people to talk to the world. I am a recent entrant into the world of blogs. When I first starting writing my blog, it was just because blogging was the "in" thing. I had read many blogs and scratched my head as how to start and what to write. But very soon, I realised that blogging is a way of letting others know your thoughts. When I have an opinion on something to share with others, how do I present it? Blog. We all had a favorite place we retreated to as a child and today, as an adult...you know, the room where we go to disappear and just be ourselves. When I log on to blog, I am entering one of my favourite retreats where I can think, express and be myself. Here, I write whatever comes to my mind, things that I am passionate about, my learnings and experiences and the issues that I care about and disturb me. Its a way of connecting to various people who think on similar/dissimilar lines. Its a way of sharing my views and changing the way I think.

When I start a post, I have no idea where I am headed. Its my freedom. No outlines, no strategies, no cost-benefit analysis! Blog writing is like going off for a walk with no predetermined path, into the streets, into the fields. How does this help? This improves the creativity and the breadth of my thinking. It helps me connect with people whom I have never met and probably will never meet.

Ok, agreed that what I have written is not all original. I have been "inspired" by others who have written why they blog. I would say that 60% ideas is mine :) And I wrote this not because I wanted to declare myself out in the blog world but in our college our ER Cell (External Relations) wanted reasons from bloggers as why they blog.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, July 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well Written !

     
  • At 9:24 PM, July 31, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice words i my self have started blogging few days ago before i thought it is only place for people who dont have lifes then i started to understand it is a place where i can publish some ideas

    and may be through some of my problems to get deffrent oppineons on it

    and what you wrote is really good

     
  • At 2:31 PM, December 13, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice site platform

     

Post a Comment

<< Home