My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Spirituality?

After so many months, I am listening to Hanuman Chalisa and am flowing away in the emotions of the song! I used to recite this every saturday when I was back in college. When I started working and was at home, I stopped this and here I recite the gayatri mantra that too only 3-4 times in a week when I take bath early in the morning.

As I am listening to this recital, I question myself as to where has my spiritual side gone? Why have I changed? Does everyone have to go through this phase or is it just me whose turned this way. I dont know; as I am writing this, I am quite anguished as to what has changed in me. Why have I lost that spiritual touch which I used to have? Its not that having it is something great but any person must spend some time with HIM. I used to go to temple every saturday when I was in my college and would listen to the songs being played in the temple. It gave me some solace from the daily hustle bustle of the hostel life. I watch movies, listen to film songs. I listen to "Bunty aur Babli", "Parineeta", "Veer Zaara", "Britney", "Linkin Park" and "Guns and Roses" songs daily but its been months since I have heard a devotional song. Why? I haven't found a reason for this but I have made a kind of resolve now to listen to one devotional song atleast daily. Not because I feel I will become an athiest if I dont, but it makes me feel happy and dance to the tunes just like they dance at the tune of "Hare Rama, Hare Krishna" in ISKCON temples!!
Ok, now the devotional songs are over and old hindi songs are running in my winamp. So let me get back to the normal world....

3 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, August 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man! You are one hell of a serious blogger. Thats great. Lets see how long before this enthusiasm fizzles out if it even happens to fizzle out :-) I wish it never fizzles out.

    Trust me, I am a fan of your blog.
    I hit your site just as instinctively i hit www.google.com or www.samachar.com to find something new, something interesting to read, i find the same in your blog site. New stuff to read. I get more insight of what you think, what you do, what you are, more than ever before in my life.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, August 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO DAD!! WISH HIM MANY MANY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY!! HOPE WE CELEBRATE IT NEXT YEAR IN NIAGARA :-)

     
  • At 11:57 AM, August 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hee hee...am sure even ur interest in my blog will fizzle out soon.

    Yeno, nanna bagge blog indha gothaglikathadha alaa ninage :(
    But yes, probly I have not spoken abt this to ne1 :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home