My journey!

As I journey through time, here I present a small peak into what I think and experience!

Monday, August 22, 2005

Siddhartha

I was feeling sleepy and was about to go into deep meditation for the night when I opened my eyes realising that I had unfinished work in this mundane world of studies! So had to request my visual organs to cooperate with me for the time being. What better way to get back to my full consciousness than writing a blog.

I recently finished reading the book that I have mentioned in the title. It has been authored by Herman Hesse, a german, who was inspired by Indian philosophy. The character in this novel goes by the same name as the title of the book. Its the story of an individual who sets out on a journey to realise himself and to understand who he is. He sets out to the forest against the wishes of his father and comes across ascetics with whom he lives for few years and Gautam Buddha whose teachings he does not accept. He sets out to find nirvana on his own and comes across a beautiful woman in some town and gets engrossed in her "moha" (affection) and gets stuck in the cobweb of "sansara" (family life).

Years later, when his hair turns grey and wrinkles wrought on the face, he suddenly realises the unworthiness of the life he has lived and then resumes his journey of knowledge. He comes across a ferryman in whose company he learns a lot about life from the river.

Well, for further story, u gotto read the novel. The gist of the novel is that its difficult for one to escape the web of life and one has to live in the present not brooding about the past and not worrying about the future. This very moment becomes past in a second and so make full use of the time available. Concentrate on what you are doing at the moment. Be it sports, studies, writing, reading, enjoying nature, watching a movie, listening to a song and what not.

Enjoy the sweetness of the present because u never know what future has in store for u. You cannot get back the past and the future is not reliable. Only the present is true. Just rejoice the moment.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home